10.16.2008

A Carpenter's Kids Video

One of the visitors from the NY pilgrimage group in August prepared a short video about the Carpenter's Kids. He shot nearly 20 hours of film during the trip, which he plans to make into a longer film. This short 14 minute version follows one group as they visit their link parish and distribute gifts which they brought with them. Though it isn't a distribution like the ones I attend every Saturday, it still gives a great impression as to what these events are like, singing included! My blog and pictures can't quite capture the spirit of these events, so for those of you who are interested this video is a great way to see what I've really been up to!

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=carpenters+kids+and+st.+barts&hl=en&emb=0&aq=f#

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah
I loved the video. When the kids and adults were singing, were you able to understand any of the words to the songs? I hope all is well with you. I'll write a longer e-mail when time permits

Sarah Dailey said...

The guys in the office tend to translate when they can. I am fairly certain that the songs you were hearing were saying something along the lines of "Welcome to our visitors". They often write lyrics especially for our visits, so though many songs have the same rhythm, the words are often different.